Watermelon is low in calories, containing only 46 kcal per cup (152 grams). Apart from having 92% water, they provide various energy-boosting nutrients like potassium, magnesium, vitamin A, B6, and C. Studies have shown that a daily serving of watermelon may help improve exercise performance and boost your energy levels by up to 23%.
Top 9 Health Benefits of Eating Watermelon
1. Helps You Hydrate
2. Contains Nutrients and Beneficial Plant Compounds
3. Contains Compounds That May Help Prevent Cancer
4. May Improve Heart Health
5. May Lower Inflammation and Oxidative Stress
6. May Help Prevent Macular Degeneration
7. May Help Relieve Muscle Soreness
If you would like to find out more about healthy eating and hitting your fitness goals, why not contact us today.